Monday, May 11, 2009

Space Needed

Well, the uncomfortable-ness has arrived. Not all the time, but pretty close. The main source of the discomfort would be this kid apparently trying to climb inside my appendix. I almost constantly have a fairly large, very hard, bump sticking out of my right side just a bit below my ribs. This is in conjunction with another very hard, but a bit larger, bump to the left and slightly up from my belly button. I can't tell what is what, but I am guessing one side is his butt and one side is his head. At this point in his life, I am hoping the larger bump of the two is his head. But then I sometimes think the smaller bump trying to push out my right side is a foot. I want another picture of him! He is staying in this position pretty much all the time, so the photo session would be quick. I am just so curious as to what is going on in there. I am tempted to try to make something up that might be wrong so they will do another ultrasound. But I think that might be pushing my luck and karma...just a bit.

Staying in one position for more than 8 minutes and 23 seconds also brings on discomfort. I find myself very fidgity. At work I am constantly repositioning myself. Which I have to admit is also a trick to keep myself awake. When I get home and am on the couch, I am tossing and turning and sitting up and laying down and rearranging the blanket. The dog is starting to get annoyed. And then when we go to bed...total crap shoot. Sometimes I can immediately get comfortable and not seem to move for hours. But then there are the nights when not moving for a while sends cramps to my butt, back and legs. Fun Fun Fun. I have to say though, finding a comfortable sitting position is the most difficult. Especially because it is really hard to cross my legs anymore.

I have become increasingly curious about what this kid is going to look like. I can totally bank on the fact that he is going to be hairy. It's a trend in my family. A very hairy trend. No bald babies for us. But I want to know what his face looks like. And his belly and legs and butt.

Don't let me fool you, I am still in "holy shit we are having a baby" mode. I am excited to meet him, but this whole thing scares the day lights out of me. No turning back now. Face it and embrace it woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment