Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Large and in charge

I think this kid is growing a noticeable amount every day. Saturday and Sunday I was feeling pregnant, but not Jabba the Hut size. Those days are now long gone. I have welcomed the Jabba feeling into my life. Well, maybe not welcomed, but accepted.

This morning I was getting ready for work and was wearing a white fitted tank top. Based on that outfit, I officially do not understand how my body is defying physics and allowing me to stay upright. Every time I see a reflection of myself, it looks like I should be toppling over on my face. At least my ass isn't getting as big to compensate. That would not be ok. At all.

My bellybutton has not yet popped out and formed that weird balloon knot looking thing. It is definitely getting shallower, but it's still holding its ground and remaining an inny. Just a stretched out inny.

As I have said before, we are fairly certain we have identified his head located to the upper left of my bellybutton. Well last night he was moving all around and I kinda pushed a little where his head normally is. And there was no head there. It was soft, not at all like the boulder in the stomach feeling that was there just a half hour before. Then I found it, still on the left side, but much lower. I showed Travis and then got freaked out. Is he moving into the head down position? Because if he is, the reality of birth is quickly approaching. Maybe not quickly quickly, but faster than my little brain wants to admit. As long as he is all high up using my stomach and ribs as sparring partners, he is not shoving his way out of my body. But moving lower means moving out.

I realize this is going to have to happen. I just don't want to think about it. Because when I think about it, all my fears for my parts come rushing in. I would like all parts to return to fairly normal working order after this whole ordeal, and I don't think it is irrational to have the fear that they won't. I can't imagine these boobs are going to be able to go back to their original shape, or ending location for that matter, after having been this huge. And, have you ever stretched out a rubber band for an extended amount of time? It doesn't go back to it's original size. And nobody likes a stretched out rubber band.

No comments:

Post a Comment