Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So Sleepy

The past two nights have been riddled with sleeplessness. I cannot find a comfortable position. Except on my back, which I am not supposed to do. Some stuff about the baby possibly laying on the umbilical cord and lessening the blood supply. I supposed I can try to accommodate.

I am having a really hard time though. My belly is getting big enough that it is not comfortable when it sags over to the bed when I lay on my side. Super attractive, but not comfortable. I try sleeping with a body pillow, but then I get all hot. Which does not help with the night sweats. And laying on my side for a long time now produces cramps in my hips. 'Cause why not?

The part that is really weird is that when I switch from one side to the other, I have to pause in the middle to let the little guy catch up. Otherwise he is all settled on one side and then I roll over and it's like he is stuck on the one side but up high. Let me tell you it does not feel all that great when he slowly gives in to the force of gravity and repels across my stomach to the other side. All while apparently trying his hardest to stay where he was.

Anytime someone asks how I am feeling and I say tired, I get the same type of response. Something along the lines of "Better get used to it", or "You don't know what tired is yet", or "Get your rest now". With annoying giggles of experience. Yes. I understand. I will be getting much less sleep very very soon due to a hungry and pooping miniature human. But you asked how I am feeling now. And I am feeling tired. Obviously I am not feeling bitchy though...at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment