Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It has begun.

Based on the last two nights, the sleepless nights have started. Which in combination with the weird-ass dreams I have been having for the last 7 months, leads to a sleepy lady. Strangely, and totally frickin' awesome, I still don't have to get up to pee. I have a feeling this may change the more I am laying there awake, but for now I am wallowing in the bliss of my bed.

I think doing my best to not fall asleep on the couch might help my chances of actually sleeping once I am in bed. Problem there is my couch is the most comfortable couch in all of couchland. I suppose I could get up off the couch when I feel myself getting sleepy. However, that maneuver now requires two cranes and a tow truck, so I just usually burrow in deeper.

The other little gem that is in full force now is my ability to worry about 13 things simultaneously. I'm talking everything from wondering if I should have gone ahead and gotten the quad-screen test done to being completely freaked out about giving birth. And e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g in between. Is he moving enough? What if he comes early? What if he comes late? What should I pack in my hospital bag? What if labor starts at the exact moment both our cars breakdown and Kari can't be reached, all at the same time the world decides to stop moving on its normal orbital path? I mean really?!?! WHAT IF?!

No need to be concerned. I am totally calm and rational. If I were a hyena.

3 comments:

  1. don't worry my pet...I'll put you on the handlebars of Trevor's bike if I have too.... Otherwise consider the fact that people have babies at home all the time....I mean I think Trav and I can handle it....and the water at your house gets screaming hot, so that's covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you can just call me. I won't make you deliver at home. Although I might make you climb on Trevor's bike with kari, just cause I think that would be pretty amusing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or call Ben...I would say call me but I"m scared that if I see what's in my future, I may sit with my legs crossed for the next two months determinded to keep that kid inside of me forever.

    ReplyDelete