Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Acceptance

I am feeling a little less freaky about the weight thing. It just surprised me yesterday. I had gotten used to going to the doctor once a month and only gaining a couple pounds each time, so that many pounds in just two weeks? I was a bit taken aback.

Travis's way of letting me know I shouldn't be stressed about it? He bought ice cream for me on his way home. Just his way of saying, don't worry, it'll all be fine, have something yummy. And I did. And it was.

The women at Motherhood? They can suck it. I had to go to buy something other than jeans as I am guessing I am not going to want to be wearing jeans once June hits. Normally the people working there are very nice and helpful. Last night? No, no, no. Waaaaay too "helpful". Listening to the conversation I am having with the person I am shopping with and then trying to guide me to different items in the store is annoying. Also, referring to me needing more space in the already gigantic fitting rooms? Not very nice. But neither of those came close to to when I almost lost it on the woman ringing me up. I had to buy XL capris. Unless I am shopping in the Juniors' section at Target, I am not an XL. I had started out trying on smaller sizes of this particular pair of pants and ended up at an XL. So needless to say, I was not pleased about having to buy XL pants. And I was rather vocal about it. So when she is ringing me up, she doesn't say a word about the two shirts I purchased. No. The only thing she says? "So the extra large pants worked out for you then?" Yes bitch, they did. Thank you for drawing more attention to it. I realize she was just trying to be nice, and I was a tad sensitive about my size yesterday. But come on. When you work in a store that women are unhappily gaining weight maybe you just should shy away from mentioning out loud what size they are buying. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment