Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Garoooossss

Nobody told me about the night sweats. At least not attached to pregnancy. I am aware of this glorious phenomenon women can experience during the Big Change, but I have never seen it mentioned as a side effect of being knocked up.

It is wretched. I wake up at least once a night completely soaked with sweat. Like to the point I have beads of sweat running off my body and the sheets are wet. It doesn't seem to matter if I try to sleep with no covers and a fan on high. Inevitably, I wake up a sweaty sweat monster. I am going to have to start sleeping on a towel.

So since nobody ever mentioned this, I of course am thinking I am a freak. So I did what every sane person with a possible medical issue does...I googled it. And what do you know? It is super common. I'm not a freak!

The advice given by many docotors on many different sites...Suck it up. Nice.

1 comment:

  1. I love how no one tells you about all these "super common" side effects of pregnancy...until you get them and they're like "oh yah, that happens to everyone"! A little heads up would be nice! I have been visited by the nights sweats for quite awhile already. Ben thought I had wet the bed the other night...talk about hot (in so many different ways). Ugh.

    ReplyDelete