Thursday, May 7, 2009

Right foot yellow. Left hand red.

The array of movements this kid has amazes me. There are the normal kicks and rolls and that good stuff. But then there is the pushing. He pushes up against my sides so hard you can feel the outline of whatever body part has decided it needs more room. Currently I believe there is a foot having a territory war with my appendix. But, not to worry, in about four minutes, his arm will be occupied pushing my stomach out of the way. And just for good measure a butt is busy wiggling it's way into a comfy spot on my bladder.

He has got to be stretched out like a gumby doll. That is the only logical explanation I can come up with for how he is able to reach all of these places at once. Or he's a mean twister player. It's either that, or he is really really big and really long. And let's just not go there with just over two months of growing time 'til the due date. Good? Good.

The movement is super calming though. Mentally anyway. Not so much physically. I don't really realize how much I pay attention to his movements until he doesn't move for a while. And as soon as I notice I haven't noticed anything for a while it is all I can focus on. I am far enough along that my doctor told me to do occasional kick counts. I should be able to feel 10 kicks within 2 hours. If he doesn't get up to 10 within that time, something could be amiss. So the other night I am sitting on the couch and realize I can't remember the last time he moved. I immediately lay down on my left side and wait. Ready to count. The clock is running. Yeah...25 minutes in, we were up to 10. I think I maybe just a little bit overreacted. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment