Monday, May 4, 2009

Presents Galore!

Good Gravy! We received so much baby stuff at the shower on Saturday. I think I used the word overwhelming about 1, 647 times. There is just so much stuff! I was thoroughly impressed when Travis was able to fit everything in the truck to get it home from my parents' house. I am positive it was only possible because of the packing help of our 4 year old nephew, Max. The kid's got skills.

The generosity of everyone at the shower was amazing. Again, overwhelming.

Travis had to work Sunday, but he got up early and unloaded everything from the truck into the nursery so I didn't try to lift stuff I shouldn't be lifting. So, when I got up, and raced to go pee, I was dumbfounded in the hallway looking into the nursery. There was maybe two square feet of open space. The rest of the room was filled with all the presents. I almost peed right there.

My morning consisted of going through countless gift bags and putting things away or in a giant pile to get washed. I can officially report that I am smarter than a bouncy seat. I only had to take it apart once after I had it put together. Only to find out that I had it right the first time. But! It is put together and ready to bounce a baby.

I also washed and put all the bedding on the crib and hung the mobile. First, it is so cute. Second...holy shitballs. It appears to be ready for a baby. A real baby. Things are getting close. Really close. Like could feasibly happen at any time type of close.

The afternoon was for raking the yard. Lots o' sticks. And then napping as raking at 7+ months pregnant? Totally counts as a workout.

3 comments:

  1. raking not pregnant counts as a workout in my book...I think you get to count it as triple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday morning I laid in bed thinking about you getting all of those presents out and ready. And then I started thinking about you and Travis being parents. And I teared up a little bit. KARI! YOU ARE RUBBING OFF ON ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tearing up right now. I am just so excited to meet baby boy Julius, I just can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete