Tuesday, May 26, 2009

All parts big and not so small

The swelling seems to be very happy in its new digs. Those digs being my hands and feet. No joke, it looks as though my skin may just burst...like a bratwurst boiled too long. I still have the luxury of the swelling going away in my feet about every other day. But when I do have the foot swelling, I get these fat creases right at the end of my toes where they connect to my feet. Add that to the pretty red/purple color of the foot as a whole. Nothing but hotness. The hands though...oh the hands. My rings do not fit at all. My fingers now have a striking resemblance to breakfast sausages. I am afraid some hungry soul is going to dip them in syrup and bite them off soon.

My belly also is quite large. And gaining size at what feels like a daily pace. Based on women I know that are due right around the same time I am, this belly of mine is pretty small. But based on what I am used to, it is humungoid. I can't seem to get it through my thick skull that I have a big ol' 20lb basketball attached to my stomach. I keep bumping into things. I went to pose for a picture with Travis on Saturday and I didn't plan on stopping in time to accommodate for the belly. So instead of joining the photo op in the way any functioning adult would have, I bounced off of him. This shouldn't surprise me as when I am wearing my glasses instead of my contacts, I regularly knock them off my face while talking with my hands. Both situations are impressive examples of my mad skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment