Tuesday, May 12, 2009

6 Pounds.

Seriously. 6 pounds. In two weeks. Good gravy. The weight gain is getting real all of a sudden. That is just nutty. 3 pounds a week!?! I had prepared myself for 2 pounds a week. And yes I understand 3 is only one more pound a week, but a gain of 6 pounds sounds much bigger than a gain of 4 pounds. 4 pounds is still cute. 6 pounds is closer to 10. And that is not alright.

I asked my doctor if she was ok with 6 pounds in two weeks. She laughed at me. In a nice kind of way. In a "oh, you have no idea how big you are about to get" kind of way. She said that gaining 6 pounds in two weeks was ok, but if it keeps up at a pace of 3 pounds a week, we may have to keep a closer eye on things. Ummm...ya think?!? That would mean 27 more pounds. On top of the 11 already packed on to various parts of my body. I realize that is not excessive when it comes to average weight gains during preggo-times. But it is just so much. Just about 40 pounds is a lot of weight. That is a child's worth. I feel like my ass has grown two sizes since stepping on that scale.

The good part about the visit to the doctor with the evil scale is that I got to hear his heartbeat again. Squishity squish squish. The size of my uterus is measuring right where it should be and his heartrate is right where that should be. So all is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment