Thursday, April 16, 2009

The things they don't tell you.

A rare second post of the day brought to you by my ever diminishing memory and the fact I just now remembered this.

One of the phrases I hear or read a lot about pregnancy is, "they don't tell you this." Every time I heard this, I thought there wasn't too much I hadn't been told. My sister was very honest with me about what was going on physically with her when she was pregnant. You know like when her pubic bones were moving and she felt like she had ridden a bike for 2023 miles...every day. Stuff like that. Because of her honesty/freak outs, stories from other gestating ladies, and books, magazines, websites, I figured my preparedness was pretty well complete.

So when the bike riding soreness started last week...not too shocked. However, last night as I happily laid down to sleep (read: toss and turn), a strange sensation began. My hoo-ha felt very....full. There is no better description than that. Full. With a bit of pressure. I can say I am now an expert at Kegel exercises. That was the only thing I could come up with that made me not freak out. The pressure was the freak out portion. I instantly convinced myself that something was horribly wrong and I was going to have this kid on the floor in my bathroom. Given the size of my bathroom, I should have stopped my irrational thought right there.

Pressure and fullness are both gone today. But I can say, that is something they didn't tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment