Monday, April 27, 2009

Parties!

The string of baby showers has commenced.

The first of three was on Saturday. This was more of a mom/friends shower than a true baby shower. I just have to say, my girlfriends are amazing. They all chipped in and had a girl's party for Molly and I at Mariah's. We had a great time. Mariah even went all out and made a personalized Apples to Apples game. Funny. I swear if I am going to experience bladder control issues during this pregnancy it is going to be when I am with that group of people.

They also made incredible food. That is one thing I will always know, love and cherish about my group of friends. We like food. A lot of food. And really good food. Things like sweet potato crisps and pasta bakes and individual cakes. Seriously, does it get better than your own cake? That you don't have to share? The only way that can be better is if you stuff yourself silly with all of the other super delicious food and then have your own cake.

We had an agreement that those bitches backed out on. There were to be no presents at this party. Those sneaky McSneakertons decided that no, in fact they just said no "baby" presents. Presents for the moms were totally acceptable and within the agreement previously made. I call shenanigans. Lovely, relaxing, sweet smelling shenanigans. I now am the proud owner of a gift certificate to Ultimate Salon and Spa and a whole box of fantastic goodies from Lush. They do make it hard to stay mad.

Above all else, the comfort it gives me knowing these are my friends is indefinable. They are amazing and I am so incredibly lucky to have them in my life.

1 comment: