Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back In Action

Well, we are back from Mexico. Boo. It was fantastic. The weather was unbelievable. The wedding was gorgeous, and Melanie was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen.

It was a bit awkward for me since I was the only one (yet again) not having the occasional beverage of the alcohol variety. Awkward isn't the right word. Different is better. Frustrating could also be used to describe certain moments. But we have been through this before. No need to beat an annoyingly sober horse.

I did learn dancing is a different experience when one is completely sober and pregnant. There is no such thing a sexy dance moves when you are six months pregnant. They don't exist. I seriously felt like Robin Williams in a fat suit shakin' my groove thang. My very large groove thang. It is also next to impossible to be light on your feet which is an issue I have with dancing anyway, so precious bambino wasn't helping matters...at all.

I don't know what changed in the five days we were gone, but this kid has suddenly decided sleeping is not nearly as necessary as it was before. He is moving around at an almost constant pace. It's unreal. I think it was Mexico. I think I should stay there as it obviously stimulated my baby and was good for him. And I think I should be allowed to consume that much fresh guacamole every day for the rest of my life.

It is very strange to me how I worry about how the silliest, smallest things will affect my body now. I mean it makes sense since I am now solely responsible for the safety of an alien being while it grows things like arms and brain cells and stuff, but I am surprised at how irrational I am about it. And how much outside reassurance I need to feel like I am doing an alright job at this whole gestation thing.

We went snorkeling while in Cabo San Lucas. It was so so cool. Anyway, it is next to impossible to not swallow at least some salt water when swimming in the ocean. Disgusting as it is. I am not very good at operating the whole snorkel apparatus so I just gave up on it and held my breath to go underwater and see the cute fishies. Once we got back to the boat, I was so anxious to feel him move again. I was certain that the small amount of salt water I had ingested or the irregular breathing from swimming under water was not a good idea and I had ruined everything. Ahhhh rational thought. How I miss thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment