Monday, April 13, 2009

Pain my butt...literally

This whole sciatic nerve thing is for the birds. It has gotten to the point that pretty much any amount of walking causes a sharp stabbing sensation in my right butt cheek. And lucky me, it is starting to slowly spread down my right leg. I believe this is because this kid is sitting so low. He is going to be hanging down around my knees by June I am sure of it.

Could this pain during walking be a sign that I am destine to lay on the couch with the dog at all times possible? I think so. So does she.

I do think it is endlessly funny that I can say this kid is already a pain in the ass though. I guarantee my mom thinks it's funny too.

I get the pleasure of doing a glucose test today. It is done to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. So I have to drink this super duper sugary drink and then have my blood drawn exactly 1 hour later. People have warned me that it is not good, but I was thinking how bad could it really be? Until the doctor instructed me to get it as cold as possible and "chug it." It has been awhile since I have been instructed to chug a beverage, and I don't think we can count previous experiences as medically necessary.

I am not looking forward to this test for two reasons. 1. I do not like orange flavored drinks. Unless it is mixed with Malibu or ice cream. 2. I hate hate hate getting my blood drawn. I have to look away to ensure I don't pass out. Needles are a creation of Lucifer and I should never have to look at one. Especially one being jammed through my skin and into my blood vessels. Nasty. Can't wait for 4:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment