Friday, April 10, 2009

Reality? I laugh at you.

One would think by this point I would have accepted what is about to happen. One would also be thinking with the rational thought lost upon implantation of this little critter. I still find myself having mini freak outs. Along the lines of "What in God's green earth have we done?!" And, "How am I going to possibly be a good mother? I still think poop and fart jokes are hilarious." I am very lucky to have a very understanding partner in all of this. Not to mention very patient. Every pregnant person should have a Travis.

I am also very lucky to have a couple friends that already have small children. Not just for when I have questions, but for my freak outs. It is so comforting when both Kari and Suzanne tell me they still can't believe they are mothers. They both love their kids more than they can possibly explain, but they still find it strange that they are moms. It makes me realize the freak out part may never go away, and that I am not a spastic spazzy McSpazerton...at least not in that regard.

I am calming down about being ready for this kid to show up. The painting in the baby's room is almost done and we have scheduled some time to finish the trim around the door. We even have a crib mattress now. Who said I procrastinate and my baby was going to have to share the dog's bed? Although, I got an update from my sweet Becky Gibson. Yeah...her nursery is not only completely done, but totally gorgeous. She is due two weeks after me. I think I hate her.

No comments:

Post a Comment