Thursday, April 9, 2009

Non-Belly Swelling

My feet are no longer look like drastically overstuffed sausages. When we got off the plane in Mexico, my feet felt a little funny. Then I took my shoes off to put on flip flops. Wow. The swelling in my feet was nothing short of impressive. In a scary, I can't see my ankles kind of way. They looked like I had a horrible allergic reaction to my socks. Not pretty. Especially in a warm weather climate where sandals are the only footwear packed for the trip. There's nothing cuter than super fat feet crammed into cute little sandals. Oh wait, the only thing cuter is the deep red impressions left on said fat feet from said cute little sandals.

So needless to say, I am happy to have my normal feet back. My hands are also back to almost normal. (There was a real fear that I wasn't going to be able to get my wedding ring off at one point.) I am curious as to how long the normalcy will last, but I am enjoying it while it is here.

The boobs and belly however, not normal. I mean they are normal for someone playing host to a forming child, but not normal as normal can be defined in my life. My shirt is doing this neat trick where it keeps getting stuck between the bottom of my boobs and the top of my belly. Like there is a hungry shirt monster in there that won't let go of the delicious cotton it has found.

No comments:

Post a Comment