Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I have come to the realization that I am going to feel about the size of a house from here on out. I haven't started the waddle yet, but I cannot imagine it is too far off. We no longer have a bump. We have a certified giant belly. This measurement is affirmed every time I see Trevor. It goes pretty much exactly like this:

Trevor: Jackie!
Me: Hey Trev! How are you?
Trevor: Good!.....Your belly is really big!

I suppose I can't fault him for stating the obvious. Because damn. Petite has never been a word used for my physical description, but it is getting laughed out of the house these days.

I am interested to see what my weight gain is at my next doctor's appointment. I don't own a scale so it is always like a game show when I have an appointment and step on the gynormous scale they have at the doctor's office. Seriously, I feel like cattle getting on that thing. At my 24 week appointment I had gained 10 pounds since the beginning of growing this kid. I feel like my stomach has gained about 32 more. And I still have just over 13 weeks to go!

The constant state of weird that is going on is just that. Weird. There is no possible way to feel like myself. I HAVE A HUMAN INSIDE OF ME. I wish there was a better way to explain this feeling, but that's all I have come up with so far. Strangely not myself. I don't feel depressed or anything like that, just different. I suppose the hormone cocktail coursing through my veins probably isn't helping matters much either.

1 comment:

  1. You feel big now, just wait until the last month when you gain the most weight out of the whole 9 months. Just to make you feel better about it, ya know. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete