Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gestational Diabetes Free!

All was great at the doctor yesterday. I passed my glucose test! I am super happy about this not only because it means a healthy, safe home for the one that kicks a lot, but also because that means I do not have to go on a restricted diet. I have never done really well with restricted diets. There tends to be a lot of rationalization instead of simply eating what I am supposed to eat and avoiding what I am supposed to avoid. Like, I can totally have this giant order of french fries with my fried fish sandwich if I have an apple for dinner. Yeah...that's healthy.

In addition to that great news, I of course got to hear his heartbeat. It was a little slower than last time, but still within the range it is supposed to be. This time it was extra cool because his kicking and moving was audible too. He was definitely awake. And apparently training for the Iron Man.

So I am now required to go to the doctor every two weeks. For eight weeks. And then once a week until he decides to come out and grace the planet with his presence. That is not a lot of time.

Travis is super excited. I am super freaked out. Travis is underestimating the impact this kid is going to have on our lives. I am overestimating the insane hugely transforming and scary impact this kid is going to have on our lives. This tends to be the pattern we have for any big decision/change in our world. Trav just knows it will all work out and I am a spazoid until it all works out. He's calm, I am building a bomb shelter and measuring him for his protective bubble wrap suit. You know, rational stuff.

If this adventure turns out how our other adventures have, we will be tired but happy. I think that should be my new mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment