Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ouch!

So Sunday and Monday marked the first days of actual discomfort. I was not sure what in the name of sweet baby Jesus was going on, but damn. I had a side cramp in my right side that went down my side and curved under my belly and stopped at my hoo-ha. And when I say side cramp, I am being very euphemistic. Searing hot knife pain is better description. Perhaps this child has grown spurs.

The only kinda cool part about this whole thing was that I could totally tell where this kid was hanging out. Not shockingly, he was stage right. You could tell if you looked down at my stomach from my view. It was not symmetrical AT ALL. It looked almost deflated on the left side and very....full on the right. The reasoning for the pain became apparent very quickly. This lovely little boy was hanging out over there putting all sorts of pressure on one side. Not nice, not nice at all. The impression Travis did of what he thought the kid was doing was quite funny. It involved a lot of butt wiggling like someone trying to spoon someone behind them. The face that went with the motion...also very humorous.

As long as I sit still, the pain stops. But standing up, sitting up, rolling over....? No dice. The whole side pain thing is definitely better today. It transformed into the worst gas cramps I have ever experienced this morning. I am talking whining, wincing, rolled up in a ball on my bed type of gas cramps. Not the prettiest I have ever felt. Thank goodness for GasX.

All this complaining and I am only 22-1/2 weeks in. As I wondered how in the world I am going to be able to actually birth this kid, Nicki wisely stated, "Epidurals are the bomb."

No comments:

Post a Comment