Monday, March 16, 2009

Construction!

Saturday I got all ambitious and we made a trek to Menards. Mostly boring stuff like new outlets and light switch covers, but I also got paint for the baby's room. I decided to go with this for the bedding in there. So we decided to go with the color of the elephant's ear for the walls. There are some cool cubby-like bookshelves that are open in the back on two of the walls. I am planning on painting the color of the elephant itself on the walls behind the bookshelves. Which is going to be an adventure since I am not taking the shelves off the wall. I am thinking we should buy stock in masking tape before I attempt this. Would that be considered "insider trading?" Hopefully it will look like what I have pictured in this pretty little head of mine.

The other thing that I had nothing to do with, but am super excited about is my darling husband and darling brother-in-law spent the day yesterday hanging a new door on the closet next to the bathroom and more importantly, one on the baby's room. That room hasn't had a door since we moved in. And since it's main function was housing the beer fridge, a door was not a necessity. Actually, not having a door was preferred...less obstacles getting to the sacred fridge. However, come July, we may just want some sort of sound barrier for that room. Not that our house ever gets loud...

It was more work than we initially anticipated. But apparently that is what happens when you buy a house that was built in 1920. Irregular measurements on doors do not make for an easy installation. Luckily we had Joe there with his tools and infinite wisdom. I am pretty sure there would have been a lot of swearing and not a very good looking final product had we not had his help. So now we have a new door complete with a new door jamb. No new trim yet. We'll get there soon.

I have not yet determined what I am going to do about shades for the room for this little critter of joy. Complete light blockage is the goal. I wonder if those reflector things you can get for your car windshield would be tacky?

1 comment:

  1. Love the bedding! You and Becky picked out very similar colors for the nursery...

    ReplyDelete