Monday, March 9, 2009

Finally!

Friday marks the day I finally felt the little guy move. It definitely was not a flutter. But I was quickly reminded that I am past the flutter stage. I am moving quickly towards the "get your foot out of my ribcage" stage. Anyway, he moved and I felt it. I assume it is because of the anterior placenta that I cannot feel him move all that often, but based on how quickly he is filling his current room, my guess is that feeling him move will not be a foreign feeling for very long.

We also started our registry Sunday. Travis came with me on to help pick out the big stuff like a stroller, pack n play, glider, swing, things like that. I will be going back without him to get the little stuff as his energy for shopping was definitely used up by the time we found the big things we liked. I was smart enough to not let him test out the gliders until the very last thing...Good thing too since he was almost asleep the instant he sat down in the one we chose.

And what weekend would be complete without a total mommy-to-be meltdown? I once again got all mad and sad about the whole not going out and playing with everybody thing. I felt like a big bag of boring suckfest. And I felt left out. And obviously very rational. After many tears and a reassuring pep talk from Trav, we ended up having a great night with Travis's brother and his wife...even if they did kick our butts up and down at Euchre.

1 comment:

  1. Buck up little camper! You are almost half done (right?) cooking that little man, and a spirited beverage is in your near future!

    ReplyDelete