Monday, June 18, 2012

This sucks.

Well, we dropped him off yesterday.  I only cried for about 10 minutes after we left.

We planned a stealth get away as to avoid a meltdown and we totally succeeded...until I realized a mile down the road that we still had the car seat with us.  Not exactly the most helpful spot for the car seat to be.  Perhaps having it with a car that might be carrying the child would a better idea.  So we had to head back to drop it off.  We didn't make it out so stealthfully the second time.  And I now have my tiny little 3 year old's voice yelling Moooooooom! after our car burned into my memory.  That outta be fun to play on repeat in my head for the next 5 days.

I have completely convinced myself that something terrible is going to happen.  There are two that I keep coming back to.  1.  He is going to over heat and barf all over my in-laws camper.  2.  He is going to fall and break his arm and be scared and we are not going to be there to let him know it will be ok.

Travis is no help.  He's just all level-headed and positive Alex will be fine.  Yeah, ok dude.  If you say so.

Also, it just blows my mind how I can miss someone so much.  Especially when that particular someone drives me to the very end of my ragged rope multiple times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment