Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mama said Knock You Out

Warning:  Possible skewed perception post ahead.

Travis has been calling Alex a Mama's boy lately.  I am less than pleased.

He is not a Mama's boy.  And I am not just saying that because I am the Mama.  He really isn't.  He is a tough kid for a 3 year old.  Ohmygodheisgoingtobe3inadayandahalf.  He does usually come to me if he is hurt or sad, but it's not like I sit there and pour attention over him...I mean unless he is really hurt, then of course he gets an attentive mom.  And I try to be very conscious of not making him a Mama's boy.  All this is not to mention the fact that I AM AROUND MORE.  I am with him every morning and usually pick him up every afternoon.  I am lucky enough to have a job that I don't have to work crazy hours.  So let's just be honest here Trav...Alex going to the person he is with more often does not a Mama's boy make him.

Aaaaaaany way, it was obviously irritating me so I told Travis that I didn't appreciate it and really needed him to stop calling Alex a Mama's boy.  He said he understood and it hasn't come up since.

When we picked Alex up on Friday from camping, he saw me first.  He smiled a huge smile, yelled Mama! and gave me a big hug.  And then he saw Travis.  He immediately screamed DADDY!, wriggled out of my arms and ran to Travis.  It took every fiber of my being to not say, "Oh man, just look at that Mama's boy.  Sickening."

No comments:

Post a Comment