Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lucky

As we were getting to the car this morning, I realized I had forgotten to ask if Sire wanted something to eat on the way to daycare.  So, I asked.  Would Sire like a bagel to dine on throughout the duration of the drive?  No?  Is Sire sure he doesn't want a bagel?  After an eye roll and a "yeeeeeEEEEeeesss Mom," I believed him.

We got buckled in, he did his start the car countdown, and before I even had the truck completely backed out of the garage, he declared from his throne that he wanted a bagel.  The reminder that he had just told me he didn't in fact want a bagel was met with an obnoxious whine informing me that he has the memory of a gnat and he swears that he never said such a thing.  Thankfully I had brought a to go cup of Lucky Charms for his afternoon car ride snack, so I offered those up.  Sire spared my life and accepted my offer.

About half way to daycare tells me he is all out of Lucky Charms.  So as I am reaching back for the cup, I attempt to verbally confirm he is finished with the cereal.  Only to hear, "No, I am all out of Lucky Charms."  Ummm...oooookkkkkk.  And then I look back and realize what is going on.  In his little toddler mind, the cereal is not called Lucky Charms.  The marshmallows are the Lucky Charms.  Who knows what the sugar coated crunchy crap is called.

Cute and irritating were in a dead heat this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment