Thursday, June 7, 2012

Can't win

I was kicking ass this morning.  Folded and put away laundry, emptied the dish washer, got the boy and myself dressed and I still had some time to spare.  I also armed myself with multiple snacks in an attempt to wow my son.  I am an idiot for thinking that is an attainable goal.

I packed a bagel, Lucky Charms, crackers and juice.  As we started our journey, I told him I brought a bagel for him today and asked if he wanted it.  Yes please!  So I handed it back.  And instead of hearing Thank you!, I hear, "MoooOOooommm...you forgot the cream cheese."  Deep breath.  Ok, how about some Lucky Charms?  No.  Crackers?  Yes!  But "these aren't ABCD crackers."  Ya know what kiddo?  Suck it.

Then half way there, I remember it's Thursday.  AKA, show and tell letter day.  Not extremely helpful to remember that AFTER you have left the house.  But!  Today's letter is "M".  And I have.....Money!  Ha!  Score one for Mom.  Until I get there and actually read the note his teacher stuck to the door on MONDAY, telling us that today's show and tell is a special "sharing" show and tell.  So I was supposed to make sure he brought something share-able that started with M.  Of course he teacher picked on me for not bringing something to share.  So I told her to shut it and make some change.

No comments:

Post a Comment