Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gettin' there

The swing set building adventure is taking way longer than Travis anticipated.  It's only slightly running behind my expectations.  The fort platform is up and done and secured and supported and braced.  That sucker is not going anywhere.  And last night the slide got installed.

Sooooo, I pretty much bought the most difficult to assemble slide ever created.  It had to be huge because Travis made the play platform 5 feet tall.  So the slide comes in two pieces.  Two pieces of really sturdy thick plastic that you have to bend the ends to get the screw holes to line up.  Don't worry, Alex made sure to help me hold it while Travis tried really hard to not cuss out the slide while trying to get the screws in.  And that wasn't even the bad part.

The instructions for the slide installation included instructions for building and connecting a support structure.  The instructions were not exactly correct.  Or helpful.  I am pretty sure Travis rebuilt the support structure four times.  At 11:15, I went out to check on him and when I said something about it being late, he just looked up at me with despair and said, "I am WAY too pissed off now to not finish this."

At about 11:45, he triumphantly walked upstairs to announce the slide had been installed and said, "I am not sure if it is safe for the 250lbs they say it is rated for, but 230lbs just went down that fucker like lightning."

No comments:

Post a Comment