Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Progress?

We have had a turn of events in PottyGate 2012.

When we got home last night, Alex wanted to play outside.  I had to stuff to do in the kitchen before my lovely ladies showed up, so I told him he could stay outside and I would leave the door open so I could hear him if he needed anything.  And does he have to go potty?  No?  Are you sure?  We can go real quick and you can come right back outside.  Nope?  Ok...

A little bit later, I couldn't hear him so I called out, "Hey buddy!  Whatchadoin?"  And I get, "Nufin'...just peeing."  Seriously?  Another pee soaked set of clothes.  Sweet.  So I put down the fruit dip mid-stir and begrudgingly went out to collect my pee baby.  But instead of pee soaked shorts, I see a naked butt.  He has pulled down his pants and is peeing on the sidewalk.  Facing the street.

You guys, I was so happy that I wasn't going to have to change him and add to the giant drift of laundry threatening to take over my basement steps.  So happy in fact, I showered him with praise and excitedly told him how elated I was that he didn't pee in his pants.

Travis had planned on taking Alex out for dinner so the ladies could take over the house uninterrupted.  As they were leaving, it suddenly hit me that Trav was not aware of the lack of diaper on the beast.  I told him and he immediately told Alex they had to go potty before they left.  He, of course, refused.  Until Mariah piped up and suggested he pee outside.  Hot damn, we have a winner!

Then this morning rolled around.  He was all dressed and ready to go when he told me he had to take his diaper off to go potty outside.  I gently suggested using the bathroom instead.  And he could stand up to pee!  And we could put Cheerios in there for him to sink!  No dice.  "I just go outside Mama."  Ya know what?  Go for it kiddo.  I went out with him and placed him in the lawn.  At which point he corrected me and told me he had to be on the sidewalk.  He's awfully particular for someone peeing in nature.  Pretty sure our neighbors were super impressed at the scenery to start their morning commute.

I made sure to make his teacher aware of the goings on so when he dropped trou during outside play time they were prepared.  I informed her, wished her luck and ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment