Friday, March 30, 2012

1 Month to go

Ok, seriously, these shin splints are a little out of control.  I realize continuing to run is not going to make things any better, but I am over half way through this training schedule and you are sorely mistaken if you think I am stoppin' now.  Last night's run sucked.  Plain and simple.  I was tired, my allergies were kicking my ass and my shins were already killing me.  What was supposed to be a 4 mile run, ended up a little less than 3.  Whatever.  This was the first time I have shorted a run.  Oh wait.  That's a lie.  But the other time we stopped to talk to friends and meet an adorable little girl so it doesn't count.

Anyway, last night the shins were killing me...even while running which was new.  I iced them twice, once even doing a variation of an ice massage.  Who knew BooBoo Buddies are for adults too?  And then we had a thunderstorm.  A very weak thunderstorm.  Pretty sure there was only one actual clap of thunder.  But of course my wonderful mutt made sure I was awake for it.  I finally couldn't take it anymore, picked her up and forced her to lay down under the covers.  And while I was trying to comfortably hold her so she wouldn't get up to pace some more, she stretched out her legs and kicked me in both shins.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment