Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sounds about right

Anxiety is a fickle little bitch.  I will go days, weeks, months without feeling anxious and all crunchy inside, and then one decision sends me off the diving board into the deep end of the crazy pool.

I have been planning on doing this half marathon for months.  I have been training for 3&1/2 weeks.  I am doing this.  Good good.

Then Mariah goes and finds good tickets for our flight.  And buys them.  And now I am really doing this.  Aaaaand now I am anxious.  Can I seriously run 13.1 miles?  Are my shins gonna stop being jerks and feel good enough to do this?  Is this a financially responsible decision?  Is it fair for me to leave Travis alone with the beast for 4 days not too long after leaving him alone with the beast for 4 days?

We're just gonna let this one spin around in my brains for a bit.  I'm pretty sure once the crazy thoughts get dizzy, they will settle on a You Can Do This attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment