Friday, March 16, 2012

So Weird.

This kid is strange.

The last three days have been beyond beautiful outside.  Wednesday I sent him to daycare wearing a fleece hoodie figuring he would only need it if they went outside in the morning.  When I got there to pick him up, they were playing outside, in 80 degree sunshine, and there he was, wearing his fleece hoodie.  He was sweating and his face was flushed.  I asked his teacher about it and she said he straight up refused to take it off...all day.

Then yesterday, it was slightly cooler in the morning so I sent him wearing the liner of his winter coat.  He took it off and hung it up when we got there, but refused to go outside without it.  Finally his teacher was able to pry if off of him after about 15 minutes of sweaty play.  This morning?  I left as his hands were jammed in the pocket of his fleece hoodie so I couldn't take it off.

And this is the conversation every single time you ask him to take his sweatshirt off:
Me:  Alex, let's take your sweatshirt off.
Alex:  How 'bout....no.
Me:  But honey, aren't you hot?
Alex:  Yes.
Me:  Ok, then let's take your sweatshirt off.
Alex:  Noooo, I just a little bit cold right now.

And this is the same kid that abhors getting dressed.  I do not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment