Monday, March 19, 2012

Times have changed

One of the things that has changed since the move to the big kid room is Alex's reaction to me leaving in the morning.  In the past, if he saw me leaving, all hell broke loose.  Now, he gives me a hug and kiss, yells Bye Mom!, and runs off to play.  It is so much nicer than the days of leg-clinging meltdowns.

Today, he was already busy playing and flashbacks of horrible Mom's Leaving fits were whirling around in my head, so I decided to leave undetected.  But I was detected.  I didn't know it until I was getting in my car and I heard his teacher call my name.  I looked over at the door and she said, "He wants to say good-bye."  And Alex came running down the sidewalk, gave me a huge hug and said, "Bye Mom!  Have good day!" and ran back inside.  Day:  made.

No comments:

Post a Comment