Monday, March 12, 2012

30% done

I ran 6 miles yesterday.  Let me repeat that in case you missed it.  I ran 6 miles yesterday.  All at one time.  I didn't have to walk at all.  I just ran.  For 6 miles.  It took me juuuuust under an hour.  An entire hour.  Of running.

This marks the longest distance I have run in my life by a whole mile.  If you had told me three weeks ago that I would be able to run 6 miles and not die there is no chance I would have believed you.  But the fact that I did it, and maybe could have kept going, gives me a glimmer of hope that this race won't kill me.

Based on her performance yesterday, that was the last long run on which Aiden will be accompanying me.  By the last 1/2 mile she was a full step behind me.  Normally she is pulling me down the street for the entire run.  Ha!  I win dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment