Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Screw mornings.

I had to drive to daycare this morning all contorted so I could hold Alex's hand.  It was the only way he would stop sobbing that he wanted me to hold him.  This was after he immediately started crying "I don't wanna go to schooooooool" when I said we had to leave.  I just kept telling him I was sorry and I didn't want to go either.  Didn't help.  And then he cried and screamed as I was leaving daycare.  Ya think the change of teacher is affecting him?

He likes the teacher he has now.  She used to be his teacher and he has always really liked her.  But she runs the room differently than his last teacher and apparently it is taking him some extra time to adjust.  The part that kills me is every day when I pick him up, he comes running up and says, "I had GOOD day!"  And when we leave he always says good-bye to his teacher and throws in a cheery, "See you 'morrow!"  That part is slightly comforting...at least he isn't miserable all day long.  But man mornings are really hard.

If you ever want your heart broken into a zillion pieces, force yourself to leave someone you love more than anything else you have ever encountered in your life to go work where you don't really want to be any way, while that someone is sobbing and reaching for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment