Thursday, March 1, 2012

Beat it out of him

We went to dinner at Mariah's fundraiser for Schools of Hope last night.  Tons of really good food and Alex got to play with other kids.  He had a great time, I ate a lot of food, Travis won some silent auction things.  The room we were in was really warm and I, being the awesome parent I am, didn't realize how little water Alex was drinking...not nearly enough.  So he was hot and dehydrated enough that he said he didn't feel good and wouldn't leave because he needed to press his bare belly against a cold metal door separator pole thingy.  On the way home, we assured him he could have some bubble water and that would help.

A small disclaimer:  He went to the bathroom with his friend Hazel, and he found the sinks.  So he wanted to go back to the bathroom.  I said no.  Shortly there after he said he didn't feel good so I asked if he was going to actually get sick and if he needed to go to the bathroom.  You could see the light go off in that kid's head.  So for the remainder of the time we were there, he kept telling me he was sick and had to go to the bathroom.

Anywho, we get home, he has bubble water, seems to be fine, but I am keeping a close eye.  I agreed to a puzzle before bed, and while we were working on it, he looked up at me with panic on his face and started kind of crying and I knew he was about to puke.  So I picked up him and tried to rush to the bathroom in an effort to not get puked on.  And in my hurried effort to open the door and get us in the bathroom before his dinner was all over my shoulder, I smashed the side of his head with the bathroom door.

Silver lining:  He was crying so much about his head that he totally forgot about puking.  Score?

The head injury was nothing Boo Boo Buddy Elmo couldn't fix and Alex assured me this morning that his cranberry juice was helping his tummy feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment