Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Here, there, everywhere

Between my asshole dog and my child, the amount of pee on things that are not supposed to have pee on them in my house is disturbing.  We'll start with the dog...

When we first got her, she had some substantial separation anxiety issues, which she expressed in artful puddles of pee throughout the house.  Due to the fact she had be abandoned not once, but twice before we got her, we felt very bad for her and worked through it with her.  Gee...I wonder why she was abandoned?  Anyway, we got it all figured out and for a very long time, she had very few pee incidents.  This is not to say she won't rip the shit out of some blinds, because damn.  When that dog is not happy about something going on outside, look out mini-blinds.

So there we were with our little dog, one little happy canine/human family.  And then we went and had a kid without consulting her first.  Big mistake.  Huge.  She was not happy about this household change and showed that by peeing on the rug in Alex's room every chance she got.  She would pee on it, I would wash it, I would stupidly put it back the room, she would pee on it.  I can just picture her too..."oh you brought this kid here to live in my house?  Well, this is how much I like that idea." and then she pees all sassy like with her hip popped out to the side and a look of attitude only a teenage girl can give.  So I took the rug out of the room...and she upped the anti.  Now she pees on our bed.  She will go weeks without any pee-bellion, and then 4 times in a week I am stripping my bed and washing my sheets.  I cannot explain how much energy it takes to force myself to understand she is a dog and is holding a really big grudge about not being the only child anymore so that I don't beat this dog.

Let's shift focus shall we?  Oh no, not to worry, pee is still the main theme, we are just moving away from the dog because I can feel the rage building and I need to move on...

As we have touched on previously, Alex usually has milk while we read stories before bed.  After a couple soaked through diapers, I have limited the amount of milk.  Apparently that makes absolutely no difference.  The last two mornings in a row I have woken up to "Mama...I all wet."  Last night, he had maybe a 1/4 cup of milk.  No exaggeration.  And he hadn't had anything to drink for like an hour before that.  Is he hanging on to all liquids just in case his body might possibly need them but then realizing in his sleep that he is liquid-logged and lets it go?  So, starting tonight, I am instituting mandatory bathroom visits immediately before we go to read stories.  Which outta work out swell since potty training is moving along oh so nicely.  Oh...wait..yeah...it's not.  At all.

I swear between these two I am going to insane...not to mention go broke while going insane because, OH MY GOD THE AMOUNT OF LAUNDRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment