Monday, October 10, 2011

So Freaking Proud

We were in Platteville watching two of the nephews play youth football yesterday.  I will tell you this, 8th graders have gotten HUGE.  There is no way the boys were that ginormous when I was in 8th grade.  I know this because I wouldn't have felt like a giant at 5'4" if they were.

Anywho, the third Platteville nephew does not play football yet, so he and Alex were running around playing.  At one point they had this plastic stick with a helicopter blade on the top that they had swiped from my brother-in-law's high school physics classroom.  They were playing with it in the shade of the equipment shed next to the field.  Not shockingly, on the helicopter stick's third flight, it ended up on the roof of the shed.  And the boys both just looked at me like, Now what?  And I answered with, Well, that's a bummer!  Alex tried his hardest to reach the roof.  His effort was complete with a strained face and Eeeeeeeeee!  But as soon as he realized he couldn't reach, he look at me and matter-of-fact-ly said, "We need a ladder Mama."

I have no idea if that level of problem solving is normal for his age.  But I will tell you, I am not going to try to find out.  I am just going to swim around in the immense beaming proud-ness I've got goin' on.  Travis on the other hand has given all credit to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment