Thursday, October 13, 2011

I give up

So I think I really am losing it....

Last night I prepped all the stuff I needed to throw into the crockpot this morning to ensure I have delicious beef stroganoff when I get home.  I cut the meat, onions and mushrooms, set out the beef broth and cream of mushroom soup.  Only thing I had to do this morning was throw all that into the crockpot, add a little white wine, give it a stir and set on low.  And I did just that.  And then I double checked the recipe I was using to make sure I hadn't missed any spices.  And that is when I realized cream of mushroom soup is no where to be found in this particular recipe.  No where on the 8.5"x11" paper I had hanging right in front of my face above the stovetop do the words Cream of Mushroom Soup appear.  The only mention of mushroom anything is the amount of mushrooms to be sliced.  Which, as previously stated, I had already sliced.

I am guessing the addition of the soup is not going to do anything other than make it a bit saucy-er and delicious-er...But seriously?  I am the type of person that has to read a recipe a zillion times while making even the easiest thing.  So every time in those zillion times, I somehow tricked myself into thinking there was an extra ingredient?

Losing. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment