Thursday, October 27, 2011

New workout

Like I said before, I am slowly getting back into working out regularly.  I'm pretty sure my leg is healed enough for it, but for the rest of my body and my mental state, I have to do something.  The only thing that really has me concerned is that it still feels like there is a pointy rock lodged in my right butt cheek.  But it's not there all the time, so I figure we're good.

So I am once again trying to figure out when to work out.  The boy goes to bed around 8 or 8:30, so I could work out after I put him down.  But...he is hungry, like really hungry, at about 6.  We get home around 5:15.  45 minutes with a 2 year old trying to help every single step of the way, is not even close to enough time to make dinner usually.  Some nights I can do it, but most nights, I end up heating up some leftovers for Alex, playing with him until he goes to bed and then making dinner for Travis and me.  And by the time all that happens and we eat, I am way past any sort of mindset that would encourage me to workout.

Last night I tried working out while Alex ate.  Which was totally fine..until he was done eating.  At which point he immediately came into the living room to watch.  And the dog came in with him.  And then Travis came in trying to get Alex and the dog out of my way.  What I wouldn't give for a bigger house!  With a rec/workout room!  Or more than 1009 sq ft!

Needless to say, between the boy asking me to hold him while I did lunges or bounce sitting on me while I try to do crunches, the dog alternating between trying to jump up on Alex and trying to hump on Alex, and Travis trying desperately to control this circus...not a good workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment