Monday, October 10, 2011

Gaga to gab gab

We have been on a roll lately.  A roll of great kid.  Believe me, I knocked on every wooden thing I could find when I said this, but it has been a really long time since Alex has had a bad day.  There have been some fits here and there, but aside from the 20 minutes leading up to nap time on Saturday, I haven't had any moments where I find myself questioning why anyone on the face of the planet would want offspring.  That's called progress people.

The gaga removal has gone way better than anticipated.  He stills asks about once a day, but there is no whining screaming fit when I remind him they are broken.  And now that he doesn't have it in his mouth, he is talking nonstop.  It is a good thing he is funny or I think I would be bouncing off of padded walls.  He does not stop talking.  I wonder where he gets it?

The thing I like the most about all this nonstop talking is that I finally get to know what he is thinking about.  Obviously there have always been times I could easily tell what was going on in that little head, but there were also times that would stop me in my tracks and make me so curious about the train of thought that lead him to whatever it was he was doing.  But now that he can express himself better and I don't have to translate his words out of gaga-ese, when I am curious I just ask.  And he can tell me.  By far my favorite answer when I ask why he is doing something, "Beeecaaaaause."  Goes around comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment