Friday, October 21, 2011

Or not

I have made my feelings about Halloween very clear before so I won't beat that zombie horse.  Although, I will beat that thing if it tries to scare me.  Due to my dislike of the holiday, I haven't been a very good parent in the costume department for Alex.  But here's the thing, he is 2.  He gets costumes for dress-up and stuff, but there is not a candy corn's chance in hell this kid is going trick-or-treating.  I can't even get him to say hello to his grandparents most times without him burying his face in my shoulder.  No way he is going to go up to some stranger's door and ask for candy.

Any way, I failed last year and he went trick-or-treating with daycare in his regular clothes.  So this year, Travis intervened and bought him a Superman costume yesterday.  Cape and all.  Travis was super pumped about this purchase.  And Alex was all excited when Travis told him he had a costume for him.  So much so, he did a little excited dance/question session for me while Trav went out to the car to get it.  "Daddy get costume?  Costume for me?  Where Daddy go?"  And that excitement immediately turned to fear when Travis showed him and he refused to try it on.  Like a lot of, Nooooooooo....I no wanna try it.

I am guessing he will come around since that was also his reaction when I tried to get him to try on a winter coat in Target.  But man oh man did that little boy crush his daddy last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment