Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Attention span

The television is my saving grace in the morning.  It is almost always just me, Alex and the dog in the morning and I seem to be the only one interested in getting the day started on time.  So as previously mentioned, Alex gets to snuggle up on the couch and watch some tv while I scramble to get ready.  Some mornings he will sit for a whole episode of whatever is on, some mornings not so much.  Today was one of the not so much mornings.

I left him in the living room all snuggly, watching Chugginton.  The whole seven minutes I was in the bathroom it seemed as though nothing was amiss in the living room.  It seemed as though my little angel was quietly watching talking trains zoom all over the place.  Things are never what they seem.  I walk into the living room to him saying, "I put it on my bewwy Mama."  Without glancing up from the stack of laundry I am sorting through I ask, "You put what on your belly?"  "The cream.  Cream make it feel better."  I look up to see him standing next to the coffee table with his shirt pulled up to his chin and a giant swirl of A&D covering his stomach, radiating out from its belly button starting point.

So, now we don't have to worry about diaper rash on his stomach.  Good good.

No comments:

Post a Comment