Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On our way

We have entered the third full day of no gaga.  I am happy to report he only asked for it twice before bed last night and once this morning.  I am also only a teensy bit ashamed to admit, I hate it.  I hate not getting that mischievous from behind the nuk smile when he knows he is being silly.  I miss the game of stealing it from him and cramming the whole thing in my mouth to "hide" it from him and how much it would make him laugh.  And I hate that sadness in his face when I tell him all the gaga's are broken.  It's quick to fade, but it's still there.  And it is heartbreaking proof that I am actively making him sad.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...It's for his own good.  He needs give this up as a habit.  His teeth could get all DURRR if I let him have it forever.  Whatever.  He is my baby and I don't like making him sad.  I know this is just one of a zillion times I am going to make this kid sad and I am sure it doesn't get any easier.  Blah blah blah.  I just wanna keep all the cute things and only let him grow up when it doesn't require intervention from me...or require me to face a new change.  Too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment