Friday, October 28, 2011

Behold, the power of KitKat

There are many times Alex proves he is my kid.  His love of pillows and blankets, his dislike of wearing shoes, his extreme dislike of getting out of his pajamas and into appropriate day time clothes.  All things I take credit for.

The not wanting to get out of his pajamas is the only one that is getting on my nerves.  Just about every morning, when I bring his clothes for the day out of his room, he dives under his blanket on the couch and starts whining Nooooooooooooo!  No clothes!  And just about every morning, I beg, plead, sternly tell him I am not asking him I am telling him, and usually eventually end up holding him down to change him.  Yay!

But this morning, I just didn't have the time.  Enter:  bribery.  Travis introduced Alex to KitKats.  And holy man does this kid love himself some KitKats.  When he wants one, you don't hear, Mommy, may I please have a KitKat?  You hear, Mamamaaaaa, I neeeeeeeeed a Kat.  Not sure quite yet how I feel in general about this intense love of KitKats, but hot damn I loved it this morning.  I brought his clothes out and the usual routine started.  Without any of the fight, I asked him if he wanted a KitKat.  All fit throwing ceased.  He laid down, let me change his diaper, helped me put his pants on, and didn't kick his feet once while I was putting on his socks and shoes.

Judge me if you like, but I walked into my office at 7:59 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment