Monday, February 28, 2011

Boogers & Poo...Just over here lovin' life.

Alex has a runny nose that has been coming and going for about week. Yesterday, it was barely there at all. This morning it was back. Nothing super bad, but there nonetheless. Either way, I have been trying to be diligent about wiping his nose. Apparently I missed some this morning...

As I was putting one of the three blankets he brought to daycare in his little cubby this morning, I felt a wet spot on the blanket. Weird since I carried his blankets in from the car in an attempt to not have them drag across the parking lot. So I look at the offending spot and find a giant boogery mess smeared on his blanket. Which in turn was smeared on my hand. And I had very little reaction. I muttered an "eh," wiped my hand off on a dry part of the blanket, balled it up and tossed on the floor of the truck to be dealt with later. It all unfolded in a manner of, what's the big deal about another human's bodily secretions smeared on your hand? He has broken me.

Saturday was another example of how desensitized I have become to grossness in all forms regarding children. Except for teeth. I will never get over dealing with any issue with teeth. Anyway, Saturday morning...I woke up to a little whimpering coming through the monitor and went downstairs to collect my beast from his lair. I sleepily told him he was stinky, grabbed a diaper and the wipes and headed to the living room to change him in front of the tv in hopes that he would lay still and not start the Cirque de Soliel act he has been working on.

Stinky was an understatement. Full on diaper blow-out. Down one leg. Up his back. Down an ARM. Everywhere I went to grab was covered in poo. The fact that it made it to his arm actually impressed me. As I was doing my best to clean him up, I asked him if he wanted to take a bath. I figured I would have to clean up the trail of poo he would leave while running to the tub. That kid loves taking a bath. But not this time. Oh no, not the time he needs it the most. I asked and he looked at me with this super sad, kinda worried look and replied, "nooooo." Seriously kid? You ask to take a bath like 17 times a day, but while you are covered in poo and need it most you don't want to. Of course you don't. So I stood him up, used about 23 wipes to clean him off and sent him on his way. Judge me if you'd like, but I was not about to wrestle a poo covered kid at 7 in the morning. Broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment