Thursday, February 24, 2011

Name change

When Alex is upset, as long as I am not the cause of the shitstorm, his crying includes a fairly constant stream of "Mamamamamaaaaaa!" If he is mad at me for something, anything, and everything, he usually just screams. Loudly. And at the highest, angriest pitch his little vocal chords can attain. But when that doesn't get the desired response from me, "Dahddy! Dahddy! Dahddy!" quickly becomes his mantra. Pssst, Alex...We're hip to your little scam there buddy. Good try though.

All of a sudden upset time is the only time he calls me Mama. Now, more often than not, it is Mom. But with a tone clearly indicating he wants my attention. Mom! He is 19 months old and I have already become Mom. No Mommy. Don't even think about Mama anymore. Just Mom.

However this weekend a totally different version of "Mom" came out of his mouth. It was more of a Maaa-ahm. And the tone that went with it? He sounded like he was a 15 year old girl standing there with her hand on her popped hip, cell phone attached to her ear, smacking on gum and totally embarrassed by what I just said. He is 19 months old. I am screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment