Thursday, February 24, 2011

And get off my lawn!

Give me the keys to a minivan and fit me for my mom jeans. I have reached the point of adulthood that I am disgusted with music on the radio. And not because I think it is bad music...that is in the ear of the beholder. I am currently having an issue with some of the lyrics that have found their way to the radio.

I just heard Rhianna's new song, "S&M." I am not really sure why one would need to sing about their bedroom activity preferences, but if that's the song that just cannot be contained, knock yourself out I guess. But are the lyrics "sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me" really something people need to hear?

I realize it is my prerogative to listen to or not listen to this or any other song. The thing that kills me is that there are going to be a zillion little 8 year olds running around singing about stuff that little 8 year olds shouldn't be singing about. They should be singing about hopscotch and jump rope and butterflies, not ball gags and handcuffs! But, it's been said a million times before...Sex sells. Oh yeah, and all the free speech stuff too.

Whatever, if you need me I will be in my mini-van driving the kids to soccer practice and listening to Kenny G.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I have been complaining about the crap on the radio since I was in middle school. You can't listen to that crap! It is crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It KILLED me to hear my niece, 8 or 9 years old at the time, bust out with "my milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard..". blasphomy!

    ReplyDelete