Monday, February 14, 2011

M-I-C...K-E-Y

I have never been a fan of Mickey Mouse. He kinda creeps me out and his laugh is enough to make me voluntarily check in at the nearest mental health facility. I can almost get behind the old old Mickey Mouse cartoons, but I always find myself wondering why that stupid mouse is the main character.

Previously in life, my dislike hasn't been an issue. Until this morning. As of today, February 14th, Playhouse Disney is now Disney Junior. New shows, different extras, blah, blah, blah. My issue, however, is with the change in program scheduling. I think Disney found out I was talking smack about their main man Mickey and are in turn messing with me.

We have been limiting Alex's tv watching time to only in the morning...or if the Packers or any Badgers team is playing. I'm all for him not staring like a zombie into the tv, but come on. Call me selfish, but there are just some things I am not willing to give up. Badger football and basketball are two of those things. But I digress.

For what seems like forever, the morning tv schedule has been the following:

Dance-A-Lot Robot
Little Einsteins
Jungle Junction

Dance-A-Lot is kinda weird, but really short. Little Einsteins has classical music and art. Jungle Junction is not only cute with good moral-type lessons, but its theme song has two great things going for it. One, it isn't as catchy as chicken pox. Two, its song helps erase the brain stinging catchiness of Little Einsteins' theme song. Gotta admit, I could care less if those little brainiacs are going on a trip in their favorite rocket ship, zooming through the sky, Little Einsteins!

But now? Now, Jungle Junction isn't on after Little Einsteins. Now its Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So now, while I am walking around singing about Leo, June, Quincy and Annie zooming all over the planet in their rocket ship accomplishing whatever weird-ass mission they have today, I have that damn mouse laughing at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment