Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ahh, February

I wasn't going to write anything about how ridiculously, mind-numbingly, booger-freezingly, insanely cold it is outside. We live in Wisconsin. It is February. Cold is gonna happen. But Alex has forced my hand.

It is so freaking cold. The thermometer on my truck read -15deg this morning. The snow makes that awful cold crunching/squeaking sound when you walk on it. And it literally hurts to breathe. I stopped at Target yesterday and could not force myself to just walk from my car to the store. My body was involuntarily running. But I was trying to walk, because who the hell runs to Target? The running-walking combination resulted in a weird penguin-like foot shuffling thing. It's amazing I can go anywhere without being stopped by someone telling me how attractive and classy I am.

Anywho, every morning when we get up, Alex comes with me to let Aiden outside. And usually he wants to go outside too. So to avoid a tantrum, I really ham it up about how cold it is and that we should get back inside fast because it's so cold. Brrr! Brrr! Brrr! He usually gives a half-assed, through the nuk, "brrr." in response, but I think he is catching on to my getting him back inside gimmick.

On our way this morning, the truck was taking its sweet time warming up. And while we were waiting at a stop light, I hear from the back seat, "Mama!!.....Brrrrrrrrr!" You're damn right kiddo. Baby it's cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment