Friday, February 11, 2011

Yay me.

I would really really like it if I could make it through one, just one 24hr period without making an ass of myself. But no. That's apparently not gonna happen.

Yesterday, I worked my normal day, got a surprise visit from my brother-in-law, locked up the office and went to get Alex. Daycare is pretty much not in the realm of "on the way" between my office and home. But we love them, they love Alex, we ain't goin' nowhere!

So, I leave work and trek over to get Alex. I walk in the door and one of the teachers looks at me funny. And not funny-haha. She confusedly says, "Ummmm...your husband was already here...?" Ah yes. That would be because it was Thursday. And Travis picks Alex up EVERY THURSDAY.

So there I stood, teachers giggling, my embarrassment shining through bright red cheeks while I was doing my best to stifle all the words doing a Mexican Hat Dance in my mind. And just to add insult to injury, Morgan, a sweet little 3 year old, came up and said in her sweet little 3 year old voice, "Alex is gone." Thanks Morgan. That's good lookin' out.

No comments:

Post a Comment