Thursday, February 24, 2011

Full circle

My little rant about Rhianna reminded me of a time when I was kid and we were all in our family station wagon. Dad driving, Mom in the front and the three of us across the sofa sized back seat. And there we sat singing every single word to Ton Loc's "Wild Thing." I cannot even imagine what was going through my parents' heads hearing their three daughters singing "Took her to the limousine still parked outside...I tipped the chauffeur when it was over and I gave her my own ride" in perfect unison. That station wagon is lucky it still had a radio after that little serenade.

I guess my point is every generation has their own Rhianna song and every generation of parents deal with it. We all move on...we're just now moving on while a little more informed about Rhianna's relationship with whips.

No comments:

Post a Comment